Transportation Frequently Asked Questions
- SCDOT – 1- 855-467-2368 or visithttps://www.scdot.org/business/maintenance.aspx
- Lexington County- 803-785-8201 or visitlex-co.sc.gov
- Town of Lexington - 803-358-7273 or visit lexsc.com
- City of West Columbia-803-791-1880 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Are safer- prevent crashes
- More efficient-allows more traffic flow through intersections
- More consistent- this mandate will be in every state and the function of intersections throughout the US will be cohesive @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- The gradual installation of FYA signals started in 2013 in South Carolina.
- There is also an informational video link to learn more about flashing yellow arrows.
3. How do I report a streetlight in the Town of Lexington?
- If the light is located in the Town’s jurisdiction, you can call the Town of Lexington Transportation office at 803-358-7273 or contact Dominion Energy directly at 1-800-251-7234. If it is not located in the Town’s jurisdiction, you must contact your energy provider, which is usually Dominion Energy or Mid-Carolina Electric.
4. How do I report an issue/concern with traffic signals?
- This can depend on who owns/ maintains the signal. If it is owned and maintained by the Town of Lexington, you can submit it through the website www.lexsc.com or call 803-358-7273.
5. What are the handicap parking requirements for businesses?
The State of South Carolina follows the ADA Compliance standards that designate for any off-street parking lot, one handicapped parking space is needed for every 25 parking spots. The ADA standards do not address on-street parking, often, these spaces cannot meet the size requirements and require crossing of traffic lanes. The link to the ADA code and full details can be found here.