Renovation of Virginia Hylton Park
The Town of Lexington will significantly upgrade Virginia Hylton Park and add an additional 8.25 acres, providing Lexington with a playful, social, and recreational space for all ages.
History of Virginia Hylton Park
- Named after Virginia Hylton, a former Town Council Member from 1981-1998, the park opened in 1991.
- Ms. Hylton spearheaded the initiative to create a park behind the Lexington Municipal Complex where children could play and families could gather for concerts and events.
- Attractions include a paved walking trail, special needs playground, Twelve Mile Creek with an overlook and waterfall, along with picnic shelters with grills.
- A covered stage area can also be reserved for special events.Current Size - 6.5 acres
- Expansion - Additional 8.25 acres