Self Collision Report

If you are involved in a traffic collision, you have several tasks ahead of you. You should call law enforcement unless there was minimal damage to vehicles or property. However, you definitely need to call the police if the accident resulted in serious damages or an injury/death.

If law enforcement did not investigate the collision and/or the vehicles have since been moved from the original scene AND damages are greater than $1,000 or resulted in injury or death to anyone, the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles requires all drivers to submit a completed and accurate Traffic Collision Report, Form FR-309 (PDF).

Form Submission

This form must be submitted within 15 days to:

S.C. Department of Motor Vehicles

FR 309/FR-21

Financial Responsibility

P.O. Box 1498

Blythewood, SC 29016