Adaptive Computerized Signalization System
- Phase 1 will include 19 signals (12 currently active)
- Phase 2 will include 16 signals
- 35 total signals
Operations and Benefits
- Detects the approaching and standing vehicle using cameras
- Adapts to local traffic demand using digital technology
- Develops the most efficient way to move traffic using a "greedy" algorithm.
- Constantly measures the volume
- Focuses on minimizing the delay or wait time
- Serves minor streets during "gaps" in major streets
- Optimizes the traffic corridor to experience as few stops as possible
- Coordinates with signals downstream the volume of traffic in queue
- Considers the amount of travel time needed between signals
- Creates "green tunnels"
- Serves minor streets during gaps on major street traffic
- Serves left turns (only when needed) at beginning or end of the green tunnel
Click here to view a map of Phase I and Phase II traffic signals
- Improves travel time
- Reduces accidents
- Reduces fuel consumption and emissions
- Eliminates constraints on current signal operations and timing
- Operates signal "intelligently"
Table below lists intersections and phasing
Street Repairs Project
This project will provide much needed repairs and/or paving to some of the worst conditioned roads within the Town. A prioritized list (based on a grading system), scope and timeline is listed below.
Road Project Work Overview
Click here to view the Street Repair Schedule
*SUBJECT TO CHANGE*
For more information contact Jennifer Dowden, Events and Media Coordinator at (803) 356-8238 or .