Neighborhood Enhancement Action Team
Lexington 's neighborhoods and their residents are among some of the most valuable assets of our community.
The Mayor and Town Council actively seeks the input of these individuals and organizations in ensuring that services are being provided, as well as considering their needs in future planning for the Town.
To enhance that process, the Town created its Neighborhood Enhancement Action Team or NEAT to meet with local neighborhoods to explore solutions to community issues as diverse as improving trash collection to crime prevention and community safety.
Currently underway is an expansion of the NEAT Program, where the Town services are oriented in a more proactive fashion.
We will continue to find and identify problems and services needed in our Town and neighborhoods and go about the business of solving them PROACTIVELY!
We will work to form neighborhood associations where they currently do not exist and bring representatives of local neighborhood associations together to establish a local Council of Neighborhoods.
1) Limited legal services in the formation of neighborhood associations
2) No charge meeting location for neighborhood associations
3) Neighborhood of the Month Program
4) Assistance in coordination of neighborhood clean-ups
5) Coordination of speakers for meetings
6) Coordination of Council of neighborhoods